BARRY went ahead, but couldn't hold on as they had a man sent off against Haverfordwest.

Town eventually lost 2-1 to the Bluebirds in Pembrokeshire, but good news for Barry fans, due to other results at the weekend Barry are safe from relegation.

Read the match report from Pembrokeshire, below.

Report by Ian Johnson

Barry’s six match run of consecutive draws came to an end with a 2-1 defeat to Haverfordwest on a blustery night at Bridge Meadow.

Missing a number of first choice players through suspension and injury, Barry were the better side for much of the game, but a red card and a freak bounce turned the outcome against them, both consequences of a rainy and windy night in Pembrokeshire.

In the first half, Barry goalkeeper Mike Lewis did well to save one on one from Martell, after the home striker had forced his way through the Barry defence, while Barry threatened at the other end through a Jordan Cotterill effort at the near post.

Barry And District News: Curtis McDonald got Barry's goal vs HaverfordwestCurtis McDonald got Barry's goal vs Haverfordwest (Image: Perry Dobbins Photography)

After the break, Barry bossed the early part of the second half and took the lead in the 56th minute.

Jamie Veale’s corner from the right wasn’t cleared by Haverfordwest and Curtis McDonald rifled his shot through the defence, scoring on his hundredth appearance for the club.

However, the game changed when Barry went down to ten men. Aiden Lewis was shown a straight red card in the 62nd minute for a sliding challenge on the half-way line.

Haverfordwest pushed up to exploit the advantage, and piled pressure upon the Barry defence.

Eventually the dam was breached, with Lee Jenkins passing his shot through a number of Barry defenders in the 73rd minute.

Although on the back foot, it still seemed that Barry were capable of defending the point until the 88th minute,

Corey Shepherd chipped a ball into the box which bounced on the turf and spun away from Mike Lewis, sneaking over the line before either the ‘keeper or a defender could clear.

The home side couldn’t believe their luck, taking all three points when a draw would have been a fairer outcome.

Barry’s final home game of the season is on Saturday, when Aberystwyth Town are the visitors to Jenner Park (kick-off 2:30pm).