By Ashley Cox

BARRY Town forward Kayne McLaggon marked his 100th appearance with a match-winning penalty at Flint Town United on Saturday, but it was goalkeeper Mike Lewis who stole the show with a series of standout saves.

After the club confirmed the loan of 23-year old Swansea City shot stopper Josh Gould, the onus was on Barry's established number one to produce a headline performance.

As it was, Lewis might have been the difference between victory and defeat, as Barry rumbled with a formidable Flint team, before striking a knock-out blow from the spot.

Strengthened after their spring promotion, Flint proved a first-half handful in north Wales, despite losing former Fleetwood Town striker Alex Titchener to a knee injury, a mere four minutes in.

After Barry's Nathaniel Jarvis headed over the crossbar from close range, the Silkmen set about their business well, but the hosts were left frustrated by a goalkeeper in fine form.

In the save of the night, Lewis denied Flint skipper Richie Foulkes with a dynamic, one-handed stop, after Foulkes' flick-on header from a corner looked bound for the far side of the net.

Barry then upped their game after the half-time break, forcing Flint onto the back foot and carving out what would prove to be the decisive passage of play, in front of the TV cameras.

Having already created that opportunity for Jarvis, McLaggon showed further sides to his craft, intelligently getting across his man to break away and carry the ball into the box.

Hurtling back, defender Darren Thornton would fatally misjudge his challenge and chop McLaggon down, giving debutant referee Aaron Jones the simplest of penalty decisions.

It was then left to Barry's main marksman to sidefoot the winner past John Danby and into the bottom corner, taking his Town tally to 48 goals in a century of first-team appearances.

48 almost became 49 when McLaggon beat the offside to fire from close range, but this time Danby was perfectly positioned to make an instinctive save in the middle of his goal.

Lewis meanwhile continued to pull out the stops, hitting the deck to deny Danny Cadwallader, with one hand, once again, preserving his team's one-nil advantage.

In the end, one would be enough for Barry, as Gavin Chesterfield's team made it six points from nine on the table since the JD Cymru Premier began behind-closed-doors this month.