Cardiff Airport 3-4 Tynewydd FC

Men’s Premier Division

Tynewydd finally got their first win of the season winning a seven goal thriller v Cardiff Airport in Rhoose.

With the league restructure and lack of teams these days in the Vale league, Tynny found themselves in a competitive Premier league and their veteran side has been unlucky losing a trio of matches 3-2 as well as a couple of heavy defeats in both league and Welsh senior cups so it was a relief to finally get a win and 3 points on the board

Tynny started the game the better although it was Airport who were creating more chances, unlucky with a few tight offside calls but midway through the half they managed to convert one of those chances to go 1 up. Tynny were still knocking the ball round well and grabbed an equaliser when the ball fell to Tom Case just inside the 18 yard box with his back to goals, he quickly swivelled and wrapped a shot into the top stanchion to draw the teams level at the break.

Early into the second half Airport took the lead again but Tynny regained parity soon after when Case notched his second with a composed penalty to make it 2-2.

In this back and forth game Airport went in front again and looked on course to take all the points. Tynny brought on experienced striker Shane Harding to give a different option up front and a neat one two with Captain Tom Parsons allowed Parsons to unleash a left foot rocket from the edge of box to drag the sides level again late on.

With a draw looking most likely result Tynny produced their best move of the match with some neat interchanges down the left hand side that gave Parsons the chance to turn provider, cushioning a ball into Harding’s path who finished with aplomb drilling a left foot shot past the keeper to give Tynny their maiden victory with virtually the last kick of the game!

Tynny know they’ve got a tough season ahead of them so it was encouraging that their hard work finally paid off with a victory at last.

Man of the match went to George Pycroft for a solid display throughout.

Squad: J.Shepherd, R.Simmons, S.Eveleigh, G.Pycroft, J.Clissett, E.Hicks, T.Case, M.Davie, Lloyd Union, J.Matthews, T.Parsons (C), S.Harding, J.Narbeth, L.Peterson, G.Union, C.Wyn