ONLY one gift has been made to the Colcot Primary School this year by the school’s Parents’ Association, but funds are being reserved in order to purchase a film projector.

This was reported by the honorary treasurer, Mr B. L. Whitaker, at the fourth annual general meeting of the association held on Wednesday week.

He reported that the total balance after expenditure amounted to £187 15s 2d.

A detailed report of the work of the association was given by the chairman, Mr F.J. Matt, and he thanked the head teacher, Miss D. M. Lougher, and the school staff for their continued support of the association.

Miss Lougher, who is also the president, thanked Mrs R. Young, who was retiring from the committee, and Mrs P.J. Lane, the retiring honorary secretary.

She presented an inscribed desk set to Mrs Lane for her work with the association since its inception in March, 1967.

The following officers were nominated for the 1970-71 session chairman, Mr Matt; treasurer, Mr Whitaker; acting honorary secretary, Mrs M. Moreton; committee, Mesdames Collins, Hodgkinson, Pain, S. A. Payne, Phillips, Robinson, Vidall, Westall, Mr M.J. Morgan and Mr D Passey.

It was hoped that Mrs R. Henshaw and Mrs V. Weir would continue to represent the teaching staff.

The question of cars coming right up to the school gates, causing congestion and possible dangers to children was raised, and the chairman said the matter had been raised with the Barry Corporation with regard to possible turning areas and would be raised again.

Miss Lougher said that now the school extension had been finalised the school gates would again be closed which might help the situation.

A BARRY man received a dislocated shoulder and injuries to his head when he fell down some rocks onto the beach at The Parade, Barry Island, on Sunday afternoon.

The 55-year-old was taken to St David’s Hospital by ambulance.

He was seen on the beach, bleeding profusely by four children who called the police.

Detectives made a search of the area, but found nothing suspicious and said that foul play was not suspected.

It is understood that the man cannot remember what happened.

A Spokesman for the hospital said on Monday that he had been detained and his condition was “fair”.