Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of common land at Mynydd Llanhilleth Common CL 17 Town of Pontypool and Community of Llanhilleth Torfaen County Borough CouncilNotice ID: NP4310078
Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of common land at Mynydd Llanhilleth Common CL 17 Town of Pontypool and Community of Llanhilleth Torfaen County Borough Council
1. Notice is hereby given that Peakman Limited has applied to the Welsh Ministers under section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 for land forming part of the above-mentioned registered common land (the "release land") to cease to be so registered.
2. The purpose of this application is to enable the proposed recovery of secondary aggregates and land reclamation
3. It is proposed that land (the "replacement land") be registered as common land in place of the release land and associated with the related application under s.38 of the Commons Act dated 6 March 2018.
4. The release land is described in the First Schedule to this notice and the replacement land is described in the Second Schedule. On the plan referred to in paragraph 5 below, the release land is shown edged red, the replacement land is shown edged light green, and the boundary of the common is shown edged in dark green.
5. A copy of the application form and plan showing the location of the lands can be inspected at Pontypool Public Library, Hanbury Road, Pontypool NP4 6JL between the hours of 10am and 4pm weekdays (but not Mondays or public holidays) until the 29th day of November 2018. A copy of the application may be obtained by writing to Geldards LLP, Dumfries House, Dumfries Place, Cardiff CF 10 3 ZF quoting reference CF106124.2.
6. Any objections or representations in respect of the proposed deregistration and exchange should be sent in writing ON or BEFORE that date to: Planning Inspectorate Wales, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NQ, or Wales@pins.gsi.gov.uk
7. Letters sent to The Planning Inspectorate Wales cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicant and possibly to other interested parties.
FIRST SCHEDULE (The release land)
The release land comprises a strip 0.2ha of open grassland lying to the west of the Blaen-y-cwm Road, Llanhilleth, Torfaen, between a location to the south of Cefn-y-Crib farm (GR: SO2431099740), and the junction of the Blaen-y-cwm Road and the restricted byway TF28/1 (GR:
(The replacement land)
The proposed replacement land comprises:
1) 0.69ha of land that lies to the immediate north-east of Blaen-y-cwm Road and to the north of Restricted Byway TF28/1. The area of replacement land is partially forestry planted, within which there are significant areas where the trees have either been removed or have fallen. The land is contiguous with existing areas of common land parcel CL17 to the north, east and west, and the area of Cefn Crib to the immediate south of the Blaen-y-cwm Road. The centre of the replacement land is approximately at GR: SO2383000940.
2) Two parcels of land totalling 3.68 ha to the north of the proposed mining operations, contiguous with the main body of the Common to the north of the Ti'r Pentwys Cut. This area is largely forestry planted, within which there are areas where the trees have either been removed or have fallen. The approximate central location of the eastern parcel is at GR SO 2380001444 and the western parcel at GR SO2357701451
Peakman Limited 25 October 2018