DINAS travelled to the Cyncoed Campus on Thursday, March 6, with six regular players unavailable so this was always going to be a difficult game but they dug in and put in a really gutsy performance keeping a clean sheet up to half time.

An early Dinas attack down the right wing ended when Carlos Indjai collided with Met's goalkeeper Chris Willis who needed some treatment but was ok to continue.

The home side forced two early corners which the Dinas defence dealt with and at the other end Paul Penikett put Ben Ah-Mun through on goal but he was adjudged to have fouled Willis and the chance was gone.

Met began spraying passes around on the 3G surface and although they created many openings, the Dinas rearguard of Ryan Garland, Nicky Bruce, Dave Penikett and James Bloxham were in determined mood and snuffed out most of the chances with stand-in keeper Mark Hussey dealing with any shots that did get through.

The visitors began getting to grips with the playing surface and a fine passing movement involving Garland, Paul Dawes, Ah-Mun and Paul Penikett forced Dinas's first corner on the 20-minute mark, Nicky Bruce firing the ball hard across the six-yard box without anyone able to get a touch and the ball ran out for a goal kick.

A determined run down the left flank from Met's Tim Nixon ended with a shot that was off target.

Although under pressure for long periods the determination of the Dinas squad was pleasing to watch and they deserved to keep the game goalless as the half-time whistle went.

The second period didn't start well for the visitors when they conceded a penalty in the first five minutes which was despatched by Chaplin to give the Cardiff side an early lead.

As the half wore on the fitness began to tell, Bloxham clearing a dangerous looking cross from the left wing.

With 25 minutes remaining, Dinas made their first substitution, Barry King replacing Ah-Mun. Dinas rallied for a while and chances came when first Dimitri Fallas beat the right back to get a good cross in which Willis gathered as the Dinas front men closed in and Carlos Indjai got a shot away which was just off target.

However, the pressure from the very fit Met's side eventually told and, from a corner from the left, Lyall Hickman was well placed at the far post to slot the ball home for 2-0 with 17 minutes remaining. Dinas forced another corner from a free kick which King was inches away from connecting with. They then made another substitution, John Dakin replacing Paul Penikett.

With just five minutes left a shot came in from a Met striker which hit the inside of the right upright and went in to make it 3-0, which slightly flattered the Cardiff side and as the final whistle blew Dinas player/manager Dave Penikett was proud of the work rate and commitment shown by his side.

Dinas are next in action on March 15 when they host Cardiff Corries with a 2.30pm kick-off.

Dinas squad: 1 Mark Hussey, 2 Ryan Garland, 3 Nicky Bruce, 4 Dave Penikett, 5 James Bloxham, 6 Luke Swaffield, 7 Paul Dawes (c), 8 Carlos Indjai, 9 Paul Penikett, 10 Dimitri Fallas, 11 Ben Ah-Mun, 12 Barry King, 15 Steve Miller, 16 Ronan Scott, 17 John Dakin.