Chance for amateur Barry photographers to see work on display in new restaurant!
12:30pm Friday 29th June 2012 in News
TO celebrate the opening of the new Brewers Fayre Buffet Place in Barry on Thursday, October 18, the Barry & District News is teaming up with the restaurant to search for local photography to exhibit in the new Buffet Place on Hood Road.
Brewers Fayre Buffet Place is bringing its all-you-can-eat dining experience to Barry, and the team at the new restaurant are asking local amateur photographers to send in photographs taken in the Barry Island and Barry area which best represent ‘The Spirit of the Community.’ This theme could include images of local buildings, photos of local sports teams, schools or groups in the town or anything else which best embodies ‘the spirit of the community’ in Barry.
The winner will have the chance to have their work displayed as well as receive £200 of vouchers to spend at the new Buffet Place when it opens its doors in October.
A spokesperson for Brewers Fayre Buffet Place in Barry said: “We need your help in finding some great local photography to hang on our walls.
“We want locals to embrace the new restaurant and we would like to adorn the walls with photos that truly represent the community surrounding the site. We would like budding photographers to send in their best pictures of the Barry area, which best represent ‘The Spirit of the Community.’”
To enter all you have to do is send a high res image of your photography to email@example.com as well as your contact details and a brief explanation as to why your photo symbolises ‘The Spirit of the Community.’ * Closing date for submission of work is noon on Friday, July 20.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, 18 years or over, except employees of this publication or Whitbread, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details regarding how to enter are published and form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. All entries must be received by the published closing date.
4. The winner(s) will be notified by email, telephone or letter and their name and the name of the county where they live may be published. The winner(s) will be notified within seven days of the published closing date of the prize draw. The name and county of the winner(s) may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. The prize will be delivered to the winner's home address within 28 days of notification, unless the winner is notified otherwise. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of contestants, illegal or otherwise.
5. The Whitbread leisure vouchers are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
6. The winner may be required to participate in publicity. Note that by entering into this competition you agree to have your name released as the winner, should you be drawn as a winner of the prize.
7. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
8. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Comments are closed on this article.