OUR sister paper the Penarth Times has teamed up the famous pleasure cruiser, MV Balmoral, to offer readers the chance to win a VIP tour of the ship and a meal at a luxury hotel.

The Balmoral, named National Historic Flagship 2016, is cruising in the Bristol Channel and calling at Penarth again this summer but more cash is needed to help keep her sailing.

We are asking readers to share their memories of this iconic vessel, which has called at more British harbours and ports than any other. Write in with your stories of memories of the MV Balmoral over the years or on the earlier White Funnel Fleet paddle steamers which once sailed from Penarth and the Penarth Times will publish one of your letters each week.

And at the end of our campaign the winner of the best letter will receive a VIP tour of the ship at its berth in Bristol City Docks, a lunch or early dinner for two in The Bristol, a luxurious Doyle Collection hotel right on the waterfront and a family day on the channel this summer.

Please send your letters and/or photographs with your name, address and telephone number to the Penarth Times either by emailing penarthtimes@penarthtimes.co.uk or by post to Penarth Times, South Wales Argus, Cardiff Road, Maesglas, Newport, NP20 3QN.

If you would like to support the ship visit mvbalmoral.org.uk for details of how you can make a donation by the Mydonate scheme or via cheques, marked BMSOS on the back, to the treasurer, MV Balmoral Fund Ltd, 23 Adder Hill, Great Boughton, Chester, MCH3 5RA.

The MV Balmoral Fund will receive 90 per cent of all money donated by readers – the remaining 10 per cent will cover the costs of administration and promotion of this appeal.

Please note that the prize hotel meal does not include beverages and that photographs will not be returned, so only send copies. The MV Balmoral Fund is a Registered Charity