Glastonbarry festival seeking opening act
9:27pm Wednesday 21st May 2014 in News
GLASTONBARRY is returning this year, and organisers are offering the chance for a young act or artist to open the festival.
A Battle of the Bands is being held to showcase local talent and choose a band or solo performer to become the opening act at the festival, which is being held on Saturday, July 26 at Romilly Park.
The Battle of the Bands takes place at 7pm on Friday, June 13 at Barry Island Sports and Social Club, is open to the public with free entry.
The winner will be determined by a panel of judges, including a number of musicians who have performed at the festival in the past.
Glastonbarry organiser Matt Blumberg, of Mack Events said that the night promises to be an exciting showcase of young talent.
"We are hoping to unearth some stars of the future," he said.
"After playing in a number of bands and promoting my own music for nearly 15 years I know how difficult it can be to find opportunities to perform in front of a large audience.
"My cousin Ross Mackintosh and I started Mack Events last year, and our aim is to put on exciting events for the people of Barry, but I am also really keen to help promote and support local musicians and want to give younger musicians in the area a chance to perform in front of a large crowd.
"I hope we can start to create an exciting music scene in Barry and would love to be able to put on these types of events on a regular basis."
Glastonbarry 2014 will feature acts such as the UK's number one Madness tribute act Ultimate Madness and Europe's number one Bob Marley tribute act among many, many others.
For information and tickets visit www.mackeventspresents.com