Award-winning Zombie comedy filmed in Barry set to air on BBC
4:40pm Monday 10th December 2012 in News
EARLIER this year Barry YMCA hosted a casting call for actors, actresses, camera operators and everything in-between! The response was enormous with over 300 people, young and older, applying for a part in the short film made in the Vale with Barry YMCA, It’s My Shout and BBC Wales.
After a successful summer of shooting the video, an awards evening was held to celebrate Its My Shout's 10th anniversary of their 'Made in Wales' series.
The Vale-made film called "Fetch" - a light hearted zombie comedy - won its cast and crew four awards; while another budding film-maker from the area, who worked on a separate film due to time limitations, also picked up an award.
* Best Costume Design - Stephanie Doel, Fetch.
* Best Hair and Make-up - Catrin Evans, Fetch.
* Best Supporting Actor - Scott Davies, Fetch.
*Best Screenplay - David Melkevik, Fetch.
* Best Sound Assistant - Joseph Barker, Buddha Boy. Joseph lives in Barry but couldn’t make the Fetch dates so worked on a later film in the series.
Anthea Clements, Barry YMCA Chief Executive, said: “I am delighted that Barry YMCA was able to become a partner in It’s My Shout this year.
“It enabled us to give young people an opportunity to be involved in the making of our film, Fetch.
“The hundreds that turned up on casting day just blew us away and we look forward to many more productions and projects in the future.
“A big well done to all involved and the outstanding achievement in picking up four awards in our first year.”
* Fetch is due to air on BBC2 Wales on Thursday, December 13, at 11.20pm and will also be available on BBC iPlayer for the following week.